Download and Complete the Application Form
return with the non-refundable $100.00 fee.
Checks made payable to “Friends School Haverford”
Drop off or Mail to:
Friends School Haverford
851 Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
PARENT OR GUARDIAN MEETING
Call to schedule a Parent/Guardian meeting (approximately 30 minutes.)
Request a recommendation from your child’s current teacher. If your child has not yet attended school, this does not apply. Your child’s teacher should return the form directly to Friends School Haverford.
Teacher Recommendation Form Grades PreK-1
Teacher Recommendation Form Grades 2-8
Obtain your child’s school records (if applicable) by completing the Request for Records Form and sending it to your child’s current school. Please make sure that his/her school has fulfilled your request.
Please have results sent to Friends School Haverford.
• Grades 1-6 applicants should meet with a licensed psychologist and be given a standardized intelligence test, such as the WISC, WPPSI or Stanford-Binet.
• Grades 7-8 applicants please submit one of the following tests: ISEE or WISC-IV.
Schedule a student visit for your child. Children visit their current grade classroom. In-school assessments will be administered.
• Nursery School and Preschool: 90 minute visit.
• Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten: Full morning visit and school readiness assessment.
• Grade 1-8: 2 full consecutive day visits and in-school reading and math assessments.
Once these steps are completed, the Friends School Haverford Admission Committee carefully reviews all application materials, recommendations, school reports, and psychological testing, as well as our own assessments, screenings, and observations. The composition of the class that the child will enter is also taken into consideration. Friends School Haverford accepts children whom we believe will thrive here and whose families will participate in and contribute to the school community.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admission Director, Lisa Buscaglia: 610-642-0354 | firstname.lastname@example.org