STEP 1 • APPLICATION
Download and Complete the Application Form
return with the non-refundable $100.00 fee.
Checks made payable to “Friends School Haverford”
Drop off or Mail to:
Friends School Haverford
851 Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
STEP 2 • PARENT OR GUARDIAN MEETING
Once we receive your application with payment, we will contact you to set up a Parent/Guardian Meeting. Your visit will last approximately 30 minutes.
STEP 3 • PLAY DATES AND STUDENT VISITS
We will also schedule a play date (for Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten) or a student visit (for Grades 1 – 8 applicants). Children visit their current grade classroom. In-school assessments will be administered.
• Preschool: 45 minute visit
• Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten: Full morning visit and school readiness assessment.
• Grade 1: Full day visit and school readiness assessment.
• Grade 2-8: 2 full consecutive day visits and in-school reading and math assessments
STEP 4 • TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS
We require one Recommendation from your child’s current teacher. If your child has not yet attended school, this step does not apply. Teacher should return the form to Friends School Haverford.
Teacher Recommendation Form Grades PreK-1
Teacher Recommendation Form Grades 2-8
STEP 5 • STUDENT RECORDS
Obtain your child’s school records (if applicable) by completing the Request for Records Form and sending it to your child’s current school. Please make sure that his/her school has fulfilled your request.
STEP 6 • TESTING
Please have results sent to Friends School Haverford.
• Grades 1-6 applicants should meet with a licensed psychologist and be given a standardized intelligence test, such as the WISC, WPPSI or Stanford-Binet.
• Grades 7-8 applicants please submit one of the following tests: ISEE or WISC-IV.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admission Director, Lisa Buscaglia: 610-642-2334 x123 | email@example.com